DX plugin compatibility means that the theme works well if you add 3rd party plugins (such as dsIDXpress or Optima Express). The theme will not return any errors just by using these extra options. IDX plugins are Optional, and they are not required for the theme to be installed and used.
How IDX works: If you install one of IDX plugins, they will work with the theme, without conflicts. BUT the properties added through the plugin can be managed only with plugin features, options. They will NOT be used with the theme options. The properties from IDX are managed in a different database, and the theme cannot access those properties (the plugin developers do not offer such access). So you use the plugin as it is, with its design and features.
WP RESIDENCE offers support for the following features of the plugin:
- WP Residence lists dsIDXpress Listings in the header map, up to 50 listings on one page, ONLY when IDX Listing widget is listed on the sidebar*.
- You can change the pin for dsIDXpress Listings in wp-admin
See below the demo pages this plugin supports:
- IDX default property page
- IDX default search results page
- IDX Single Listing Shortcode
- IDX Multiple Listings Shortcode
Limitations imposed by dsIDXpress plugin developers:
- *dsIDXpress listings show on the header map ONLY when IDX Listing widget is listed on the sidebar, as we showcase on this page. This widget can show only 50 properties at one time, so only 50 IDX properties can show on the header map.
- NOTE: You can create different sidebars with a different IDX Listing widget to show up to 50 listings on the map for different pages.
- The pages imported from dsIDXpress come with the PRIMARY WIDGET AREA sidebar by default.
- Advanced Search doesn’t apply to dsIDXpress listings.
- Google Maps filters don’t apply to dsIDXpress listings.
- Agent page does not show listings by Agent MLS ID number after the contact form.
You can download the plugin from here http://wordpress.org/plugins/dsidxpress/ or you can install it through wp-admin interface.